Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Around New Eden - Day 11

REGION: GREAT WILDLANDS

I woke up to find Giribaldi still on the comms, teling me that he was waiting for me to do my blog post so he could read it!  Sheesh, talk about demanding fans...  But I couldn't disappoint him, so I did my Day 10 blog, and then started on my Day 11 travels.

QM-20X

I got bored with the planets in here, so I took a photo of the star instead. Yawn.


504Z-V

Every now and again I used the D-scanner to see if I can find anything random in space, but always with no luck. Not in every system, but maybe in about 10% of those I've passed through so far. But today, in this system, I struck it lucky!  I found 6 Cosmic Anomalys. They consisted of:

  • 2 x Angel Forsaken Rally Point
  • 2 x Drone Herd
  • Drone Squad
  • Drone Surveillance

I decided to take a look at them after I made a tactical bookmark.

Angel Forsaken Rally Point
"Operating from the heart of the Curse region, the Angel Cartel is today the largest and best organized of the space-based criminal factions. The Angels are divided into several groups, each with a very special function; it is commanded by the Dominations. In the century they've been lurking in deep space, they have stolen, plundered, or sabotaged countless number of ships and kidnapped, assaulted, or murdered thousands of people. The Angels recruit members from all the races, and are thus not bound to any one zone of operation; instead, their reach spans almost the entire known universe. Many believe that the Angels got their power by uncovering Jovian technologies hidden in their ancient homeworlds, now infested by the Angel Cartel. "
Now, I'm sure that many people have done these kinds of cosmic anomaly's, but I haven't, and I'm also sure many others haven't. So maybe you'll enjoy these photos.




It was an interesting graveyard of smashed up ships. Were they smashed up by the Angel Cartel ships, or by the anomaly?  I have no idea, but I moved on to the next one, only to find it was exactly the same as the first. So I moved on to the Drone Herd...

This place was fascinating. An old, ruined station of some kind had some fresh new drone installations, including bunkers and a goddamn drone elevator....  Fascinating!



I moved on to the Drone Squad and was presented with this message:
"Rogue Drones appear to have taken over this station ruin and made it their home. Your sensors pick up the faint signature of frozen bio matter, the remains of the station's inhabitants no doubt."
This was a station?? Holy crap.... It looks like some huge, freakin' starship that intersected with a large asteroid.  This would have to be one of the most amazing sights I've seen out here on my travels so far....





But I head on to have a look at the Drone Surveillance...

This was quite interesting. A whole bunch of drone bunkers linked together with long, spindly 'walls'.  At the top of each wall was a light missile battery. Drones are such interesting... what? Creatures? Robots? No idea....  (Unfortunately, I discovered that some of the photos I'd taken of the missile batteries didn't turn out, but at least I have one of the main structure.)


NE-3GR

I found some more anomalys...  This time an Angel Forlorn Hub and a Angel Hidden Hub.

I went to the Angel Forlorn Hub and wow! An ancient Space Stonehenge with a ruined monument, celebrating something that has probably been lost in time...




There was also an ancient, badly damaged stargate. It also reminded me of some kind of starship... I'm wondering if ancient gates and bases were also starships in some way, but have since been either so damaged that we can't tell, or simply had their propulsion systems destroyed or removed over the milennia...


Then I went to the Angel Hidden Hub and found a couple of shipyards, with lots of ships flying around protecting it, along with the mining colony setup on the nearby asteroid.




These Angel Cartel fellows are pretty amazing, I have to say.

Well, I've taken a lot of photos over these past few systems, and I think I'm going to have to spend some time processing them, so I'll do that now and then head off to bed.

See you next time!


Please DONATE to help me travel around New Eden

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I was just in great wildlands 2 nights ago was grinding up some security status there, I too had seen the ancient space stonehenge and thought it was pretty cool.

    Shame you are on a different timezone, we might have ran in to each other.

    Zandramus

    ReplyDelete